Date: 29 March 24, 00:57 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Happy Thanksgiving

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Wanted to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.  Hope you all have a wonderful day and lots of good food.  If you have a houseful, enjoy them and love every minute of it.  My crowds have died down these days.  I will cook a large meal and take it to my father's house where he and I and Eric will enjoy it.
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

And to you, Carol.  And maybe Ace too.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

What the heck... "and maybe Ace too."  Geez Giblet Louise, that's a nice holiday sentiment. 

Just for that, Happy TD to Carol and Bill, and maybe Scuzzy too.  Criminy.  And Pat and Johnny and Buff and Cars and every/anyone else who survived your meltdown here.  I'm going to meltdown butter and baste a bird.

My wife's dad is pretty immobile, so we go over there in Elkhart with the rest of the mouthbreathers from her family.  I found I'm diabetic, so will look to see just how high blood sugar can get after a day of so many shades of wrong; high carbs, minimal greens, maltose...  The meds I'm on can prove fatal with alcohol, due to lactic acidosis, so I'm also trying to see just how much it takes to achieve that.

Hope all are able to thank givingly, and have a wonderful holiday. If I make it out alive I'll be sure to say hey, after.  I am planning to get up at 4 am tomorrow, to shop online.

Ace; I can dose off just fine without tryptophan.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

LOL I hope you survive the day!  Nice to have you back.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Thanks Carol and right back at you and to everyone else here as well.

We're up in the U P visiting with my youngest daughter and her husband. It is getting harder to spend time with family since both my girls and their families are so far away. Looks like everyone will be home for Christmas though.

Try not to eat too much and be safe if you have to travel today.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Thanks to everyone for the great wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. Ace too.

Fortunately, Thanksgiving is on my normally scheduled day off. I'm lucky that I also managed to get Christmas off.

Lots of family stuff going on here. We'll have most of our kids home today, and we'll celebrate later today.

Scuzzy; the bad guys are happy I'm off today.