Date: 18 April 24, 21:56 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Well, we're still here.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Geez, I almost missed that the world was supposed to end yesterday. I've been following along with the prediction of the event and shoot yesterday came and went and I forgot all about it.

I guess all those folks that sold everything waiting for the rapture are out of luck again this time around. I find it hard to believe after reading some of the stories that anyone could believe any of this. But there you go.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/03/judgment-day-will-may-21-2011-be-the-end-of-the-world/

SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I believe the Mayans did achieve the Rapture, as predicted.

Ace; I know I'll miss them.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

It would have been really funny to get a bunch of blow up dolls, fill them helium and release them on cue across the world. The ensuing panic would have been too much.

Scuzzy; I'm more worried about raptors happening.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

I thought there were some religions that had this image of the afterlife as a big party, with hot chicks and all.  I guess you could adapt that to inflatable women.

Ace; if they pushed the young girls into a volcano I suppose that's like combining the hot chicks and a barbecue theme.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Harold Camping is now admitting that he was off slightly on his message and has adjusted his prophecy. He's saying he was wrong, but not really. It turns out that May 21st was some sort of "spiritual judgement day" and that it's now too late for salvation. The world will still end on Oct 21, 2011.

Scuzzy; dang it. We paid Poasters hosting until 2012.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

I saw that. You know it's easy to dismiss these guys as whack jobs and yet in 2009, the only year I could find records for, this guys radio ministry took in over 18 million dollars.

I think I'm in the wrong line of work.........
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

Pat, I guess you could go into the rockstar preacher prophet business.  Although this whole predicting the end of the world stuff seems pretty shaky.   I suppose if you just stick with "The world is going to end... now" and then "Ok... now" then "hold it... ok, now" you just might hit it eventually.

I like the staging of old Pastor Campground today: "Well, I guess it didn't actually end, but there was this judgement thing on Saturday, so come October the actual end will end."

What are the odds that Oct. 21 will bring "Ok, see, here's the thing; today wasn't the actual end-end; this was the prelude to the end start, and the actual big finale will be in January.  Right after the final of "Survivor; The World."

As far as making millions off his radio ministry, I told you not to listen to that talk radio stuff...

Ace; you know, I still haven't spotted a Mayan since Saturday.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

With all the earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, flooding and snowstorms that we're experiencing, we might not make it until Oct 21st. Plus, hurricane season is soon approaching and expected to be more problematic than usual.

I wonder if I can move into Camping's mansion until the storm passes.

Scuzzy; if I perish on Oct 21st, it'll be the end of the world for me.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

What the heck is a camping mansion?  A really large and ornate tent...?

I'll tell ya, if we get a hurricane in Michiana I am blaming Pat's stupid big lake.  Criminy, lake effect snow is bad enough.

Ace; I hope nobody checks here to see if there's still life on earth.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Or at least sentient life anyways.

If it doesn't stop raining soon I can probably with a boat to get over to South Bend next time.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

Possibly sediment life.  Or sentimental.  Or senile. 
We are a river city; don't try to go down (or up, for that matter) the East Race on your way in.  That's treacherous. 

Ace; it's so wet here that the sand volley ball courts are flooded, and there's a duck sitting in the middle of it...