Date: 29 March 24, 07:04 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

plasma and 3d

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

I like the reviews on the picture quality of the big plasma tv's. I don't see much on the quality of the 3d, however. The lg is the best I've seen on this. The video comes out of the screen. Do any of the plasmas do this? Also, I've read the plasmas do best in a dark room. My living room has a lot of window space and I'm concerned the picture might be washed out somewhat even with the blinds pulled.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I have a Panasonic Plasma, not 3d, in a relatively dark room and I love it.  It's about a year old and at the time Samsung and Panasonic were generally rated the top 2, the order between 1 and 2 depended on the reviewer.  I cannot speak to the issue of 3d, I have no interest whatsoever.  But when I was shopping, IMO, 3d just wasn't all that great, except maybe Avatar.  I have a double window facing the TV about 20+ feet away and keep the blinds closed to cut down on reflection which is an issue with Plasma.

There is a long thread here that covers the subject of Plasma vs LED that you might find useful.   I will look for it.

It's here :  http://forum.poasters.com/index.php?topic=780.0
Further down on this electronics page.

Bill
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

Thanks Bill, I'll check it out.