Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Just Saying Hi!

halokid

Senior Poaster
Posts 620
Report to moderator

• Push it to the Limits!

Thought I would say hi to the first ever forum I joined on the internet. To gain  some perspective for how long ago that was, I had a pentium 2 300mhz pc when I joined. I now have an i7 first gen. I need to upgrade soon!

You might not remember me to well. I joined in 2004 that seems so long ago!.

Hope you guys had a good fourth.

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Hi, this was the first ever forum I joined also with an old Quantex.
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Hello to both of you!
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

halokid

Senior Poaster
Posts 620
Report to moderator

• Push it to the Limits!

Well, hello to everyone. :)

Glad to hear from you, Halokid. As an FYI, here's your first poast and the advice you received: hard drive stops split second

Nice seeing (or reading) all of you!

And yes, my HDD was failing. Thank goodness for my SSD. I don't think I could ever go back to a mechanical drive for my OS. I've learned a lot more about computers since then, and much of what I learned was thanks to this forum.

Yesterday I was getting some stuttering in a video game and decided to clean my pc out with some compressed air. It did the trick and I probably learned that from here as well. However, I probably didn't heed the advice to clean it out  more often lol.

Hopefully I will be doing an upgrade soon, my i7 920 is starting to feel a bit aged. Maybe I'll share my upgrading endeavors come upgrade time, and maybe ill get some advice as well:)

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

When you start thinking about an upgrade, you might want to read this poast:

http://forum.poasters.com/index.php?topic=2236.0

scuzzy built one heck of a machine.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

halokid

Senior Poaster
Posts 620
Report to moderator

• Push it to the Limits!

Heck yeah, we all recall...you.  :D

We are all currently under recall and somewhat out of warranty. ::)
(This merely refers to the relative lack of Poasters here.)

As for you and your missing entry back in 2004, how about catching us up to speed on this question from Mark H's last entry for that topic:
"Did you ever check it with the manufacturer's utility to make sure it isn't going bad before you trust your files to it?"

Fun, huh?  ;)

Now that's a completely different memory issue :)

I will say this: It didn't matter too much if it failed as I was younger and it probably was just a bunch of junk on the HDD anyways. But yeah, I don't remember, what I do remember is building my first PC not long after that. I haven't built one in quite a while. I have gambled with ebay the last few times and come out on top.  Luckily for me the few problems i have had were unseated ram, overheating, etc