Forgot your password?

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - 32GB

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

My old 2014 Moto X is... well, old. I wanted a newer phone for my trip, especially one that supports T-Mobile's 700Mhz Band 12. Wanting a decent phone, but not wanting to overspend (cash only), I opted for a gently used Note 5 from Swappa.com.

The Note 5 that I chose originally sold for about $800. The used one I selected was unlocked, advertised as mint condition, and came with the original (unused) charger and cable. The phone arrived today, along with the UAG phone case that I ordered separately. The phone was only $300 delivered, and the case was $14.79 on eBay.

Short story is that I'm very happy with the purchase. I am not a fan of Touch Wiz, but I'll be running Nova Launcher anyway. It won't do away with Touch Wiz completely, but it will override most of it to my liking. As for the S Pen, I absolutely love it. As soon as I started the phone it was ready for the Android 7.0 Nougat update. The T-Mobile SIM is installed and working properly.

I think we're going to get along just fine. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get everything setup to my liking tomorrow.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

That's good news, glad it worked for you.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit