Date: 28 March 24, 03:51 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

email

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

For simplicity sake,  I have had to change my email back to the original.  I have been getting duplicate notifications and emails on my phone that are driving me crazy. 
One set from my ISP's email and a second set from Gmail, although I haven't figured out why, yet. So I have stopped my Gmail account from forwarding to my personal email that is now listed on my profile here.  I originally changed it because I wasn't getting Poasters notifications anywhere, for anything.  Have to wait and see what happens now.
I have not found a way to disable Gmail on my phone except to delete the account information.  But that doesn't seem to be working.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

If you were to create a gmail account just for forwarding forum notifications, would that work? It would bypass your phone's gmail account completely.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Might be worth a try, I will try a new gmail account today.  But as it is, I am not getting Poasters notifications after the email change.

Edit:  damn near impossible to establish a new gmail account and then gain access to it.  Both browsers almost instantaneously take me to the sign in page for my existing account and I haven't figured out how to redirect it to the new account.
I think I'll try to disable the Gmail app on the phone or remove it completely.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

You're probably permanently logged in on both browsers. If you log out, that should allow you to log into the new account. When you go to log into the new account, you may have to select a link along the lines of "Log into a different account".

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Yes you're right, I'm logged in permanently.  Thanks for your thoughts, I think I've solved the difficulty, at least for the moment.  I restored the gmail address on Poasters and disabled the Gmail App on my phone. I received the notice of your poast on the computer and the phone, only now just the one copy via my ISP.  Disabling Gmail seems to have stopped the duplicate emails.