Date: 18 April 24, 21:49 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Rough night

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Rough night last night, pretty much no sleep, but thankfully I had no damage.
http://galleries.heraldtribune.com/gallery/370475#/0
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

That must have been quite a storm; fortunately you escaped.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

It was, and it was a very scary night.  Warning went on for about 3 hours on and off.
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I noticed a few houses in the pictures had lights.  I assume they were generators rather than city power.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

I think that the areas that weren't hit as hard still had power, I still have power.  I think I heard about 17000 were without power.  I imagine that some of the condos have generators at least for the walkways so people could see to get out.  A lot of areas here have underground power lines, I have no power lines inside my neighborhood.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I'm so glad it was nothing more than a scary night for you. I hope that's the end of any further rough weather, at least for the time being.

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Thank you.  I hope so too.  With El Nino the next couple of months has the potential for more weather like this.

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Yeah, I know you were here.  Much as I would like to move away it is a beautiful area.  Glad your brother in Palm Harbor was OK.  Next round coming Friday, but at least not during the night and maybe not going to be as bad.