Forgot your password?

Poasters Forum Software

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

For several months I've been dealing with SMF (Simple Machines Forums) errors on this site. Most of it has been uneventful, but it has caused me some problems and it's not getting better. I have not found a work around, partly because this forum is heavily modified with seemingly endless customization.

Short story is that I'm working on a new Poasters forum. It will take some time to complete it to my liking, and once it's complete I'll transfer our current Poasters database and go live with it. Nothing will be lost, and the old, OLD forum (the original), will remain in the archives for the foreseeable future.

I will customize the new forum with every intent to keep things simple. I'll likely go with a single, clean and easy to use theme. I will also use a portal, but the layout will be very clean and uncluttered. I've already installed the SMF software and made some minor adjustments.

I'll update later.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I found a way to quickly reinstall the forum and modifications here without having to move to a new site address. Yesterday morning I took Poasters completely down in all its glory, and then reinstalled the forum from the ground up. I followed it up with a new theme (MundoNet v2), the latest TinyPortal (v1.6.7), and minor forum modifications.

I learned after reinstalling everything that our forum was still running the SMF 2 RC5 database, from way-back-when. I researched it, found the fix and then applied it. Now everything is buttery smooth and fast.

As a bonus in all of this, I was also able to fully reinstall and update the database on our legacy forum, found here: http://old.poasters.com

I'll be making very minor adjustments here and there, but for now enjoy the new forum.

buffalo2102

Master Poaster
Posts 1339
Report to moderator

• Just for Ace...

I can confirm that it nice and snappy for me too.  No problems to report.

Thanks Scuzzy.
Windows 10 Pro x64. AMD Ryzen 7 3800X.  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite.  16GB Team Group DDR4 @ 3800MHz. MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6800 XT.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

buffalo2102

Master Poaster
Posts 1339
Report to moderator

• Just for Ace...

One thing I have just noticed is that even though my location (United Kingdom) is correct in my profile, my local time is shown incorrectly.  I don't recall if this was correct with the old site.

My local time is currently 14.36 but the forum says that it's 16:36.  Something to do with BST?
Windows 10 Pro x64. AMD Ryzen 7 3800X.  Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite.  16GB Team Group DDR4 @ 3800MHz. MSI Gaming X Trio RX 6800 XT.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Go into your Profile >>> Modify Profile >>> Look and Layout. Once there, adjust your time offset as needed.

NOTE: Your offset was at 8 hours, and I just adjusted to 6 hours (I think the server is in Chicago). If I got it wrong, just make the adjustment as needed.

buffalo2102

Master Poaster
Posts 1339
Report to moderator

• Just for Ace...

No, you got it right, thank you.

It did confuse me though because I went in there myself before I saw your edited reply and saw that it was correct.

Cheers Scuzzy.