Date: 19 April 24, 16:14 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Odd notification

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Last night I received a notice about a new topic on a board I am watching -'re-size to a specific file size'.  However I cannot find this poast anywhere, unless it has been  removed.
Clicking on the link in the email took me to JA's photo.  The link contained an index listing of 'topic=11.new#new."

And I didn't get a notice for the new topic in the 'photos' board; also a board I'm watching.

Bill
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

For the first problem, it's most likely JA started a poast and then deleted it. Just a guess, and I'm sure he'll let us know.

For the second, it is possible that it was caused by me making lots of adjustments in the background. Another possibility is that the server did not send the notice. We use Lunarpages, which gives us reasonably good service for a very good price. But we sometimes get what we pay for. If their servers get overloaded, we don't always get our messages. We would have to pay considerably more to avoid that problem.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

In any case it's not a big deal, you asked for anomalies.

And secondly, consistent notifications are not worth additional expense, IMO.

Bill
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

JA,

As you know, I created a custom member group for you "Handyman". You are the only one in the group, so testing it is very difficult on my end. It would be too much effort for me to create a new member, set permissions, experiment, etc.

What happens when you create a new topic and then try to delete your poast? For example, you create a topic in the wrong forum and then try to correct it.

I will add a Testing Forum as we had in the old forum to allow you to experiment. If needed, I will make adjustments to your settings.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Bill,

Absolutely, we welcome your input. Most problems we can resolve. Some are not technically feasible, and some fixes are beyond our control.

As for the notifications, they are fairly consistent. Just for giggles, make sure admin@poasters.com and admin@xpoasters.com is in your email white list. The first is our primary address for notifications, the second is our backup.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Thanks, I am getting notices but the one that caused me to poast this thread was a puzzle. 

Bill