Forgot your password?

PureVPN

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I have been listening to Antenne Bayern for well over a year now using their Android app. It's a German radio station out of Munich, Germany. It's been working great until last week, when it stopped playing despite showing a connection. After a bit of troubleshooting, I learned that Antenne Bayern restricted their content to countries outside of Europe.

Not to be outdone, I signed up with PureVPN. I tried the free Android app and it seemed to work fine, albeit slow and a little clunky. I attributed the problems to the free version and decided to purchase the product after reading some positive reviews. I caught a leftover holiday sale, in which I paid $49.95 for 2 years. Oddly, the sale is still on despite that it expired yesterday. Whatever.

I am very pleased with the paid version. It is much snappier than the free version and it connects quickly without a lot of drama. Best of all I can use my account on up to 5 devices simultaneously. That's perfect for our 2 desktop computers, 2 smartphones, and 1 tablet.

I have PureVPN set to log in to a server in Munich, Germany. It's nice that it allows me to pick the city along with the country. I can now once again listen to Antenne Bayern without interruptions (the free version hiccuped on occasion). My wife is thrilled as she also loves the station. The connection is fast enough that I cannot detect any slowdowns.

I'll also be able to take advantage of USA based servers the next time we travel outside of country. Add the encrypted VPN security when using public Wi-Fi, and life is great.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

You mean Hotspot Shield? I used the paid version previously. PureVPN is far better. It has no restrictions or bandwidth limitations, allows me to set the city, connects very quickly, it's fast and it is working perfectly for me.

Free versions have too many limitations. They are either slow to connect, limit bandwidth, have ads, disconnect frequently, or other irritations. The paid version of PureVPN is giving me exactly what I need without heartache. Remember that I'm a heavy user. I normally play Antenne Bayern throughout my entire shift, plus on my days off.

Scuzzy; you get what you pay for.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I occasionally hit data dead spots as I drive around in my patrol car. As such I did not know with certainty what caused Antenne Bayern to disconnect at times. So yesterday I began playing Antenne Bayern through my tablet at home using PureVPN, and then feeding it to my TDK A33 Bluetooth speaker.

I'm glad to report that it has been playing nonstop well over 24 hours now.

Scuzzy; I love a good story.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

PureVPN continues to do a good job, but connecting to Antenne Bayern has been challenging once again. Even with my VPN set to a German server, Antenne Bayern refused to connect on my home computer. The Antenne Bayern app on my Android smartphone, mixed with PureVPN, fortunately still works.

I was on the verge of giving up and thought to connect through a 3rd party. I went to www.TuneIn.com and with my VPN set to Germany I connected to Antenne Bayern in all its glory once again.

Scuzzy; if this continues I'm going to have to move to Germany.  ::)