scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Although I'm not much of a Chrysler fan, I really love this commercial:

Guts Glory Ram - Code of the West

It frustrated me at first, because I thought it was a trailer for a cool, new western.

Scuzzy; talk less, say more.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I worked with a guy named Ram(iro).  He just left for a new job in NY.
I'm not at all a Chrysler fan; it is a nice theme and good twist at the end and dang long for a commercial.
I liked the 200 commercial with Eminem and Detroit as the Motor City too.  I have been seeing a few of the "new" Chryslers and boy are they pretty much the old ones, with a bit of body carve and full width tail lights.  I don't get how you're not selling cars, so you keep building the same ones.
The 300 is a bit nicer in the face, although it's still one big box.  That truck in the commercial must have the aerodynamics of a Cape Cod home going down the highway.

I think we view commercials for their entertainment value, and often completely disassociate any "pitch" or chance of purchasing the product portrayed... I'd look at this one, as one of those.  Entertaining.

Ace: I've owned AMC, Plymouth, Mercury... I know how to pick'em.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Of course you love it, sounds like Sam Eliot narrating. Shoot that guy is the west.

The only Chrysler product I've ever had is a Dodge Colt and that was made by Mitsubishi. Was a nice little car though, Turbo charged with 5 on the floor, fun.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

You have a good ear, pat. That sure sounds like Sam Elliott. His voice is unmistakable.

Scuzzy; we've had a Dodge T&C minivan for a few years. It's okay and fairly dependable.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

They seem to do a good van.  I'm not sure if cars are their forte.  Although making Fiats might not be a step up as such....
You know, I had a Neon (no, not that Neon) and it was a mess.  Then they made those into PT Cruisers, and Calibers.  Both make my head hurt.

Ace; as much as the squeaking from the Neon.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

We bought our used 2001 minivan with 58k miles on it exactly 6 years ago, and it has had only one significant break down (power steering pump went bad). It's now pushing 200k miles, and it remains mechanically sound. It has had minor electrical issues, a minor problem with a lock on a sliding door, and we had to replace the stereo recently. Considering its age, it's nothing unusual.

We average 17 MPG with the 3.8L V-6, although the EPA sticker says it should be closer to 21 MPG. The only time we get 21 MPG is when we're going downhill with a tail wind, but only if the car is in neutral with the engine off. Okay that's an exaggeration, but the fuel mileage is disappointing. I think what makes the MPG bearable is that the van is paid off. :)

I don't regret having made the purchase, and we continue to get our money's worth out of it. But I'm not too sure I'd buy another. Of course, our needs have changed.

Scuzzy; I'll likely replace it with a newer model Subaru Outback as soon as I can pay cash for the upgrade.