Date: 17 April 24, 19:36 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

I'm New at Using Gmail - Need Help

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

When I select History I see all my recent internet connections, but how do I return to a recent connection ?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Hi, When I look at Gmail I don't see a "History" tab or button.  The only History option I see is in my Browsers. For the most recent connections or web pages I use the left facing arrow at the top of the browser, both in FireFox and Chrome.  I'm not sure I really understand your question.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I'm not understanding your question as well. Are you on your computer or on a smartphone?

Where are you finding "History" in gmail?

I also don't understand what you mean by returning to a recent connection.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Hello Bill and Scuzzy

When I'm using Gmail on my PC, I can click on the "three dots in a vertical row" at upper right corner of page, click on History, click again on History and there will then be displayed a list of all my most recent web site visits.

But, I see no way to revisit any of those web sites, as I've always been able to do in Yahoo mail.

Comprende amigos?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Now I'm really confused.  The only dots I see are horizontal on the right end of the address box.  When I roll my mouse over the line of dots there are two down arrows on either side of that row of dots.  Clicking on the left arrow produces a list of web pages where I've been with that browser and at the end of the web page name is a link to that page.  But the address address box is part of FireFox not Gmail.

If I use Chrome  the three dots in the upper right corner are for settings within Chrome.  Can you take a screen shot of what you are seeing, maybe that would help us understand.  I am puzzled..........
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Attach is what I'm seeing

[attachment deleted by admin]

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I am sorry, but the image you provided isn't helping me in figuring out what is going on. You're referring to the history in gmail, but you put up an image of Poasters. I really want to help you out, but I'm simply not understanding what the problem is.

I'm guessing you're using Chrome? Is the problem with the history in Chrome? I have never seen gmail provide an option for history, and I do not see anything in my gmail account that even hints toward history.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

The image I sent is what I see using Gmail. In upper right corner you can see the three dots that I click on to bring up a History button.
Then when I click on that I get a long list of my recently visited web sites.

Yes I'm using Chrome.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I just realized that on any Chrome page (not just Gmail) I'm seeing the same way to go to History. 

The visited list has a small square alongside each entry, but checking square or not makes no difference----I cannot revisit prior web sites.   I'm sure I used to be able to that.  Something has changed.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I reinstalled Google Chrome.  Now History access is back to normal.  Since I had only recently begun using Gmail, I thought this problem was with Gmail, but I guess not.  Thanks for your replies, sorry if I was not explaining things very well.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

yes, nicely done.