Date: 29 March 24, 04:43 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Tip for uninstalling Microsoft App "PDFX" in Windows 10

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

The PDFX App is not on the App lists searchable in Windows 10 (that I could find). Using "Type here to search" and asking for "PDFX uninstall" didn't help either.

But asking just "PDFX" leads to a pull-down list that includes "Uninstall PDFX".  Worked for me.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Scuzzy, I just happened to re-read your comment.   What I had found was that PDF-X was not on any list that I could originally find within Windows 10

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm following you here. Windows 10 has both apps and programs, and you could have one of each of the same program. For example, my daughter recently could not figure out why Skype kept coming up after she uninstalled the program in the Control Panel. Problem was that the Skype app was still installed. Once she removed the app, the problem was resolved.

If an app is installed, you have to manage it through the app settings (Windows Start / Settings [gear icon] / Apps). If a program is installed, you have to manage that through Control Panel.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Scuzzy you're absolutely correct.  Start, settings, apps, left click on PDFX, left click on "uninstall does it

I got lost somewhere (early days with W10) and couldn't find my way.

Thanks for reply