Forgot your password?

Wish List

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

The parts have been trickling in here and there. I've had the cases awhile now, and most recently I received the Samsung SSDs, the DVD burners, an i7 CPU, and the SeaSonic power supply. The bulk of the order should arrive tomorrow and Wednesday. As long as there are no unpleasant surprises, I'll start building this Wednesday. For now the only fudge factor remains the operating system. I believe I have one spare Windows 7 floating around, but I have yet to find it. I'm off Wednesday, so I'll search for it then.

Although I have yet to install it or plug it in, the PSU looks and feels like a solid unit. It oozes quality, and hopefully it won't let me down. But first impressions are good. It's odd not seeing a cooling fan in the unit.

One tidbit of information that I have not shared yet is that I've been paying for this by working DUI shifts on my days off. It's a double bonus as I'm getting drunks off the road, and getting a couple high-speed computers out of the deal.

Scuzzy; works for me.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

These DUI shifts are paying cash, not comp time?  That sounds different.  How about court appearances? 
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

DUI shifts are paid overtime by grants. Our office now pays OT for any time worked over, including court. The only exception is training and report writing, which remains comp time. Funny you should ask about court, as I recently had an unusual rash of court appearances.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Court would seem to naturally follow DUI citations.  I asked about court because you mentioned it several times.

Just a bit off topic.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Oddly enough, I have only had one single DUI go to court in 10 years. I have had plenty of DUI hearings, though.  Training is getting ready to start, so I'll catch up later.