Date: 18 April 24, 00:06 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Help! I've Lost Sound

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Without warning, and without changing anything in my computer settings, etc., I am no longer getting any sound when I click on YouTube and other web sites. I am still getting sound from the video and audio files on my hard drive. What could possibly cause this?

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Videos and mp3 files on my hard drive play okay including sound.

I can download videos from YouTube and they will play including sound.

If I try to play a video directly from YouTube I get the picture, but no sound.

Videos offered to me via Email will give me pictures, but no sound

Non-YouTube videos offered to me on the internet will give me pictures, but no sound.

The first thing I wanted to try was reinstall Internet Explorer9. But when I try to unistall Internet Explorer9 I get a popup saying I already have the latest version, and unistall does not proceed. If I try to install latest version on top of what I have, same thing happens.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

To uninstall IE9 I read I should go back to IE8 and then reinstall IE9.

During reinstall I was told there was a problem that could be fixed by MrFixit. When I ran that it said my problems with Windows was solved. But when I tried again to install IE9, installation would not complete.

I would like to stick with IE9, but I will try Firefox.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I installed Firefox. When I clicked on YouTube I was able to get picture and sound.

But I also got a pop-up message saying that I should install Adobe Flash Player to get full content from YouTube.

When I did that I again get picture but no sound. Dammit, it seems I can't win !

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

By the way, after many attempts I finally got IE9 to install but it was no help.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I suggest you go into Control Panel / Programs and delete all references to Adobe Flash. After a reboot, go to www.adobe.com and reinstall the flash player. That may resolve your problem.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I wonder if you solved this problem JA?
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit