Forgot your password?

Poaster Shutdown

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

FYI: We are considering shutting down Poasters unless Ace can come to an agreement by himself on how much money it takes to fund Poasters Forums.

Ace has been in the closet arguing with himself for several days with no signs of an agreement. He was seen throwing a hot potato at himself while yelling obscenities. At himself.

When asked about the looming crisis President Obama was quoted as saying, "Geez Louise, who is Ace and why should I care? And you misspelled Poasters... I think there's an 'a' in there. You say potatoe, I say tomatoe." General Petraeus, who was in the Oval Office, snickered.

Scuzzy; shut 'er down.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I was watching Big Bang Theory.  Which I guess is the plan of attack for Afghanistan.
I figure Congress costs a lot, so closing it makes sense as a money saving move.  If our Governor Mitch Daniels was president he'd probably be able to sell it to some other government.  Maybe we could move Khadafy Khadafi Ghadafi (Quaddafi.. why can't we ever keep to a spelling on these foreign folks and places.  Mao Tse-Tung Mao Zedong Al-Qaeda Al-Quida) over here. 

Look, I have no idea what things cost here.  Since my union was dissolved I've lost collective bargaining rights, as well as spending bargaining rights.  I know I'm short of cash, as well as ideas, so if it closes again so be it.  I mean, it tends to disappear periodically or implode or meltdown anyway, so usually I'm somewhat surprised to stop by and still find it open. 

I think Donald Trump should show his birth certificate, and prove he was born here.  I know I've got mine, although it's getting old quick.

Hey, since you said "snickered" that reminds me of all the candy bars named after baseball and players:  Baby Ruth (Babe Ruth) Mounds (pitching) and Snickers (Johnny Snickers). 

Ace; I don't do potatos much anymore, due to the carb thing.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

I did happen to see Pia flash by, when channel flipping.
I've been somewhat "keeping up" with Idol, but as I've mentioned not bothering to watch it due to its disintegration.
It's telling (ironic. typical. stupid) that the Idol judges are blaming the voting public for "getting it wrong" when they have failed to judge...
My impression that they're just cheerleaders now (everyone is talented, and beautiful, and deserving...) while incapable of criticism would naturally encourage the (annual) chaos to continue.  Even to the ironic end that voters wouldn't bother to vote for the best talent, thinking they're "safe" and instead choose someone lesser who might be deserving and at risk. 
Plus, the downward spiral has been in effect for years, as the most talented have been tossed aside for some voting block's personal pick per their own personal demographic.  As long as that's messed up, the results will be and the show will be.

What's infuriating to me is that it really used to be worthwhile, and entertaining.  I would far rather watch a musical show, and competition, than just about anything else, but not with these characters and not this arrangement.  That laziness in just letting it slough along, and decline more each year, is frustrating.  The shock shouldn't be that the judges wonder how people got it "wrong" but why they, Seacrest and the producers don't "get it" at all.

Ace; she shoulda switched to a hip hop dance ballad written by Elton John in the year of her birth.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

As is usual, I blame Scuzzy.  He's the one who started this off on the wrong track and tried to mislead the misled.
I will check out Simon's new show, as he was the last and only judge... I would call Randy pitchy, and absolutely nonjudgemental.  Tyler I'd put as mental, plus creepy. 

Since Sharon Osbourne judges a talent show, American Idol should get Ozzy Osbourne as a judge.  He'd make as much sense as the current trio.  And be more fun to listen to.

I read that the current last stage budget impasse is due to the argument about funding Planned Parenthood.  With all the money that has to go to uplanned Parenthood it wouldn't seem to be that big of an issue.  Also that NATO apparently is trying to play fair by taking out Libyan (Libian... Libeon) Rebel forces who made the mistake of acquiring, then driving, tanks...

Ace; tanks for nothing is probably what they said.