Forgot your password?

Sticky Password Manager

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I've been using KeePass password manager for several years now with great success. It's free and very effective, but unfortunately it's not very intuitive. I've been concerned about my wife having to deal with whatever mess I leave behind after I pass, and this subject has been on my mind as I want to make things simple for her. PureVPN led me to Sticky Password Manager earlier today, and I decided to download the free version and give it a spin.

I have not gone into great depths with the product, but it seems to have everything that I want and need in a password manager. I like the polished user interface, and the password generator is intuitive and easier to use than the one in KeePass. I integrated the product with Firefox during the setup, which was also intuitive and easy to understand. I don't have the luxury of spending a lot of time with it at the moment, but I'll continue using it one site at a time until I get a good feel for it.

Sticky Password Manager starts out with a free 30-day premium service. No obligations, and no credit card info is needed. You will have to create an online account with an email address and password, but the password is not stored on their server.

I have to admit that initial impressions are very good, and I am quite impressed with the overall ease of use. If the testing continues to go well, I'll spring for the premium account (I'll be getting a 70 to 80 percent discount through PureVPN soon).

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Good luck, I prefer a notebook for passwords.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

The notebook method has not worked for me in years. KeePass is currently managing over 60 website logins for me, and many of those are very long, cryptic passwords. The one for my military benefits, which has to be updated every 3 months or so, is currently 24 characters of upper/lower case, numbers and special characters. Without a password manager, it would be very difficult to access and manage those multiple logins.

Then there's my work smartphone and accounts. That's a miserable nightmare all by itself.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I am very glad my life is not as complicated as yours!!!
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I just got the lifetime sale offer for Sticky Password Premium through a link provided by PureVPN. The premium version is priced at $29.99 p/year. With this link I bought the lifetime plan, normally $149.99, for merely $23.99! Woohoo!

So far, Sticky Password has worked exceptionally well for my needs. Here's the link for the sale (it did not confirm my PureVPN account):

Sticky Password Premium Lifetime Plan (only good for 48 hours)

If you're interested in the free version, look here: Premium vs. Free

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I know Sticky Password has been around for awhile and gets good reviews, and I have no reason to question their ethics.

The Premium benefits include syncing across devices, including the Android app (which I have not yet installed on my smartphone). Currently I'm syncing across three computers that have the full software installed, and one computer that I use a flash drive on. The problem with the flash drive is that it does not automatically sync.

I'm not sure how to answer the lifetime question. If the company goes belly up, the worse thing that would happen is that you would lose the ability to sync across devices. That, and not having updated software anymore.

I've used the software daily since I began this thread on Dec 23rd, and I could not be more pleased. I absolutely love it. It's very polished, very powerful, works as expected, and it's easy for my wife to learn.

You can always use the free version.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I'm afraid you give me too much credit. I have no special secrets about how I select software beyond common sense.

I make sure the software meets my needs, and I check reviews to see what others think. If a free or trial version is available, I'll give that a whirl first. If everything looks good, I seek out the best deal available at the time of purchase.

In this case I learned of the software through my membership in PureVPN, and I was advised of a great deal coming down the pike. Sometimes the free version is all I need, but Sticky Password Premium allows me to sync across devices. When the right price came along, there was no reason to hold back.

Scuzzy; the rest is history.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

LastPass is good software for most people, but it did not meet my specific needs. I have used KeePass (free) for the last few years with great success, but it has a bit of a learning curve and it does not integrate with browsers. I only learned of Sticky Password when it was suggested by PureVPN, and then I researched it and gave it a whirl.

I don't know why you'd want to have Sticky start up without a password, but change it in the settings. Go to Security>>>Authorization method. Once there select "No authorization (not recommended)"

[attachment deleted by admin]

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I never gave the 0 vs O much thought, but I can see how it may be a problem for some.

Scuzzy; I prefer using the letter O with a slash through it - Ø