Date: 18 April 24, 23:37 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Mouse no longer wakes laptop from hibernation

vittoria

Jr. Poaster
Posts 35
Report to moderator

I used to post here ages ago for my ancient Quantex, but my login info seems to have disappeared.  Starting again...

I have an ASUS UL30V laptop running Win7 Home Premium that I've had for almost a year.  During the day I use Hibernate when I'm not using it for a while and I always simply move the mouse to get the windows login screen to come up.  Starting yesterday the mouse no longer wakens the computer.   

I went to the Device Manager and checked the settings for the HID-Compliant Mouse and it is set to "Allow this Device to Wake the Computer."  I tried disabling it, rebooting, enabling it again, rebooting...still nothing.

I also accessed the BIOS using Alt+F2 and I saw no settings there that applied to USB or waking so I left it alone.

I moved the mouse to the other USB ports and also switched out the mouse with another one, same thing.

Obviously something has changed.  I've downloaded nothing and updated nothing.  I ran Trend Micro antivirus and AntiMalwarebytes and they found nothing but a few cookies.

It will wake when pressing the Power key, but the mouse is what I've used for a year.

I haven't noticed anything else unusual.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

vittoria

Jr. Poaster
Posts 35
Report to moderator

Thank you.  I should clarify...when the ;aptop goes to sleep after being unattended I can wake it just fine using the mouse.  It's when I manually use Hibernate, which is what I usually choose when I'm not going to be using it for a while that I can't wake it now.  Not sure what that means.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

The problem could be your hibernation settings, which Windows has yet to master.

Which operating system are you using?

You may also want to double-check your BIOS settings and ensure it's on "S3" power saving mode. Also verify the settings to wake from sleep. Each BIOS is different, so I can't give you much guidance here.