Date: 18 April 24, 18:20 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

lost audio

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

I know this unrelated but I have a logitech z305 speaker attached to my computer. It is win7 home premium. I lost the sound in netflix streaming about this time altho I can't be 100% sure. I called netflix and they said it wasn't them bec it works with dvds. I called toshiba, the hd tv I use and they said it wasn't them. I called lenovo and they said it wasn't the laptop. All pointing fingers at each other.

Under 'sound' in ctl panel, it lists the devices for sound incl the logitech which it says is plugged in. The other has a red check mark and says:

Digital Audio (HDMI)
HD Audio Device
not plugged in

All connections from the tv to the laptop are in the right place etc. The cables are relatively new and I was getting sound from the tv before. I don't know how to make the tv sound the default or at least show it plugged in. The logitec speakers work well but don't carry the sound across the room like the tv speakers.

Edit: Split topic.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

How do you have your computer connected to your TV?

HDMI using video & sound over one cable or HDMI split signal.

VGA cable and separate sound cable.

DVI and separate sound cable.

Or other?
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Does the sound play on your laptop if disconnected from the TV?

Have you tried switching cables with your DVD player? For example: if DVD is hooked to HDMI-1 and computer to HDMI-2, then switch computer to HDMI-1.

Just to be clear, is the z305 hooked to the computer and your video directly to the TV only? If you could clarify how you have things hooked up, with what kind of cables, that would be helpful.