Forgot your password?

Hercules Miter Saw

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I found a miter saw. After a lot of consideration and reading reviews, etc., I decided on a Hercules miter saw from Harbor Freight. This thing really goes toe-to-toe with the Dewalt, but it is much cheaper in cost. I picked up the last unit they had at the store, on sale for $299 (and I had a $50 gift card). It came with a one-year "no questions asked" satisfaction guarantee. The cheapest Dewalt that competes with it comes in at $499, and the blade on the Hercules is far superior to the stock Dewalt.

I had pretty much already made up my mind to buy the Hercules, and this video finally convinced me to pull the plug: Hercules vs DeWALT Miter Saw Review. Listening to his wrap-up on the second half of the video (beginning around 11 minutes) finally convinced me.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Would have convinced me too.  I know several people that swear by Harbor Freight.  They remind me personally of Walmart.  Some of their products are great, but many are just junk, the trick is to know the difference.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Harbor Freight has plenty of junk, but with careful shopping there are certainly plenty of great deals to be had. As you noted, as long as you know the difference between the junk and the good stuff.