Forgot your password?

Quinlan County - Cop Car

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I've been working extra duty for a movie set being filmed locally. The movie is Cop Car, starring Kevin Bacon. He plays a crooked sheriff in Quinlan County, Colorado. No we don't actually have a Quinlan County, Colorado.

Here's the quick plot, as I understand it. Kevin's character kills a drug dealer and he stuffs the body in his patrol car. He leaves the car with the body in the trunk by the side of the road while he looks for a place to bury the body. Two kids come along and steal the patrol car for a joy ride. To add a twist, it turns out that the "body" is still alive. Use your imagination for the rest.

A close friend of mine (the one who talked me into joining the sheriff's office) was hired to arrest Kevin's character at the end.

I took these shots yesterday (with my Moto X smartphone) of the 2 cars they're using:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I was looking these threads and had forgotten about this one.  Seems odd today to see a full size police car!
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Chandler

Poastal Moderator
Posts 4156
Report to moderator

I've always liked the look of the Ford LTD/Crown Victoria and Chevy Caprice. I finally got to ride in a Crown Victoria taxi when I visited Manhattan in 2012, and it looks as if I timed it right as a lot of taxis seem to be getting replaced with hybrids or small SUVs. Great car, and I love the idea of the gear selector on the steering column. Loads of legroom in the back seats and a huge boot/trunk.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Okay, photos are back in place.

I have not been in a Crown Vic since around 2004, when I drove one for the Sheriff's Office. I did own a 1976-ish LTD long ago. The thing was a gigantic boat that got horrible gas mileage.