Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

It is snowing here!

Mark H

xTreme Poaster
Posts 3501
Report to moderator

• "H" is for handy

It has been snowing here all day and is cold for this time of year. Not much accumulation though, but it is 3 or 4 inches.

Mark H; Bring on the cold weather, we have a fire burning for you.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Yeah, looks like we're in for a generous amount of Lake Effect snow. Did most of the outside stuff yesterday, went and got a Holiday (Christmas) Tree, dusted off the snow blower and changed the oil in it, that's ready to go now. Made sure I had some weight in the back of my truck, which is new to me for about a month now and I haven't had a chance to see for sure how it handles in bad weather. So, I'm all tucked in now for today, probably be putting together a new PC with the parts I ordered back on Black Friday.

SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

Ace is getting pummeled too, by Pat's leftover lake effects.  It's been a continual dumping this morning.

I'm putting weight in the middle of my car, pretty much whenever I get in.  I used to put cement bags in the trunk of the old Mustang to balance it out.. until they got wet, which resulted in
well, cement.
The Pinto would just spin in circles regardless, when it was actually in a mood to run.

We had the electric fireplace roaring downstairs and watched "Nightmare Before Christmas" last night.  I'm watching Da Bears now, as they lumber their way to the playoffs.  As long as they don't wind up hibernating...

Ace; I do hate winter.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

So far we've dodged the bullet in Colorado. The mountain ranges have been hit, but low lying areas have been spared.

Scuzzy; no doubt our turn is coming.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Judging by the amount of snow out in the drive, I don't see how much got by to get to Ace's.
Na, just kidding so far it's been a non-event, but perhaps I'm speaking too soon.

Yes, building a computer is fun, just finishing up and will do a small write up in a couple of days.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit