Date: 28 March 24, 23:59 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Walmart headlight failed fast!

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

My 95 Nissan Maxima needed a replacement headlight. Stopped by Walmart last May and they put it in for just under $8. I just discovered it doesn't work. The service sheet says parts are under warranty for 90 days! I haven't called them to see if this applies because I looked on amazon and they have 2 sylvania 9004 halogen bulbs they tout as mucho superior to the factory installs. They are $35 for 2. Is this true and it is a good deal?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

t must have been a defective unit.  I've never had a headlight fail.  Your Nissan uses sealed beam lights.  I'm not certain the halogen bulbs are compatible.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I simply went to Auto Zone and picked up a decent pair for about $50. I don't remember if they were Phillips or Sylvania, but I have no regrets.

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

I inputted the vehicle info on amazon. It saves it and now if I select any part it will tell me if it is compatible or not. A nice free service. So these will work. They are supposed to give out a more intense light, farther out than the originals. They weren't the most expensive but I don't see how you can really tell which are the best deal for the price. The reviews don't help that much for this kind of product. I will just have to try them out & see if there is a difference.

I went to youtube and there is a video showing you exactly how to replace the bulb on this specific vehicle. It's easy. They said to wear latex gloves because bare hands might cause a slight oil blemish on the bulb which could cause premature burnout. I seriously doubt if the walmart dudes pay any attention to that piece of information.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.