Date: 18 April 24, 22:54 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Ahhhh

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

New computer.  Now I can open pictures without waiting.  Getting used to Windows 8 is taking a bit though.
Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

A new computer is always nice. Well, at least most of the time.

I'm sure you'll get used to Windows 8, but I can't stomach it. I'll will keep using Windows 7 for the long haul.

If you prefer the "look and feel" of Windows 7 on your Windows 8 machine, consider using Stardock's Start 8. It installs over Windows 8 and will give you a more familiar feel. It's $4.99 after a 30-day trial.

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

It's an Eric built computer.  We debated between keeping 7 or going with 8.  He still has some things to put on it today and is going to spend some time with me today helping me.  But I will keep your suggestion in mind in case I really don't care for 8 after a bit of use. 

He also gave me a year subscription to Photoshop, so I have to learn that one.  He told me I was on my own with that one, since he doesn't use it.  Something to make the old brain work I guess.  I've taken care of people for so long this is the first time I have had so much time on my hands in a long time.  So this should be interesting.  Mostly I do a lot of family history and family history research, and I have a lot of old pictures I want to repair.  It will be interesting to see how that goes.

Carol
It is never too soon to do a kindness, for one never knows how soon it will be too late.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

If it's an Eric-built computer, then I'm sure you have an awesome piece of hardware. You've got a fantastic son there.

I'm sure you'll get used to Windows 8. But it's not for me.

I don't think I can be of any help with Photoshop, as that's always been a weak link for me. But I understand that it's an awesome program.

Carol

Poastal Moderator
Posts 991
Report to moderator

Yes, I'm sure it's awesome.  Couldn't even begin to know what's in it.  He told me of course, but it went right over my head.  I have to agree with the fantastic son part.  He's a good kid, I guess I should really say he it quite a great young adult now.  And he is very good to me.

Well, we'll see how much the brain can take in with trying to learn photo shop.  It should at least be fun trying to figure it out.