Forgot your password?

HP Laptop Issues

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I was having problems with my HP DV3510NR laptop. The computer is about 3-1/2 years old, so I wasn't too worried about fixing it... until I figured out the problem.

It seems the battery is so worn out that it causes problems even when the laptop is plugged in to an AC outlet. I removed the battery a few days ago and kept the laptop plugged in to the AC. Without the battery, it hums along without problems. So I ordered a new Dr. Battery from BattDepot.com ($66 delivered), which should arrive in the next 3 or 4 days. This is the same make I ordered for my daughter's laptop, and we are both very pleased with the performance.

My daughter is also primarily using only her laptop, and her desktop often sits idle for days at a time. So I swapped out the hard drive from my laptop with the desktop's Plextor M5S 128GB SSD. With a fresh OS installation on the SSD, the laptop now screams like a new system. Now I'm looking forward to the new battery.  :)

Surprisingly, the 2.5" 5200 RPM hard drive performs quite well on the old desktop. My daughter never noticed a difference.