Forgot your password?

Megan's Latest Car

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Three months ago Megan bought herself a nice replacement car for her 1998 Toyota Camry. She had the Camry for 5 years, and for the most part it treated her well. However, the time finally came to replace the 22-year-old car. It had well over 200k miles, and was requiring more maintenance than the car was worth. A persistent oil leak and an upcoming timing belt replacement didn't help matters.

Megan found herself a 2007 Mazda CX-5 in excellent, well-maintained condition, in which the owner kept documented records and receipts. The car even had new Continental Contact tires (approx $800 total), as he wasn't planning to sell the car anytime soon. She got the car at an excellent price and paid cash. Megan will be 25 soon (attending full-time university), and she still has no idea what credit is.

The only set-back is that the car is a 5-speed manual, so Megan had to learn a new trick. Lol. Thanks to learning to drive a stick, she jerked the car so violently the first time she drove it that a broken coil spring loosened up on the rear left. The previous owner would not have known the problem was there, so we didn't complain. Besides, it was a very easy fix that I took care of. She followed it up with a fresh 4-wheel alignment, and all is well.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Very nice. Independence seems to run in your family.

My daughter was well into her late thirties when she bought her first car.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit