Date: 29 March 24, 03:19 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Old data

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Are the backups we do have compatible with this forum's infastructure?

B-
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Not that easy, unfortunately. The old database has to be converted to work with SMF 2.x. But with the portal being integrated into the database, it will be pretty big chore.

We continue to look at all the possibilities. In the end, it will require a lot of work and experiments.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

FYI: We're not paying for two forums.

We own poasters.com and xpoasters.com. Obviously, the first is our primary domain. The second is thrown in free of charge through our hosting plan.

The forum software is free, available through SMF. We have the space available on our server, so it's no problem having both forums running. Besides, even if we can install a search feature to the old forum, it would still have to be hosted somewhere.

On top of that, the old forum info is in a MySQL database, not in some easily read format. Without SMF software to read and organize the data, it is pretty much useless. In short, we must have the forum software installed in another location in order to access the old forum. It cannot be merged with our new database.