Date: 15 April 24, 23:01 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

SONY AVR audio delay

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

When I turn on my system the TV and Fios box are instantly on, the sound takes about 10 seconds but it is in snyc with the picture.  The delay, I've discovered is the TV switching from internal speakers to the external ones.  The TV and AVR are both set to use the external spkrs.  However when I turn the TV off it reverts to  the internal ones until it is turned on next.
I haven't found a work-around for this issue.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Now that I understand what's going on I can correct my error above.
I still have the delay but it's the SONY AVR that is creating it.  All the electronics are sync'ed via HDMI and SONY control. The difficulty is that it's the AVR power draw takes a bit before the AMP itself actually powers on. And then it automatically switches to the external speakers, a delay of 10-12 seconds.
Coincidentally my stereo tech was here today and rewired the two front towers via the crawl space, putting each tower in the corners of the room, and then re-calibrated.   Made a tremendous difference in the sound - what's the word- immersion.
He told me there is nothing to be done about the delay -the workaround is to turn the AVR on first.  Leaving it on forever is not an option SONY allows.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.