Forgot your password?

Moto G5 Plus Smartphone

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

So the new Moto G5 Plus has my attention. It's a mid-range smartphone that leans toward the premium side, to include a fingerprint reader and turbo charging. The price for the unlocked smartphone is $229 for 32GB storage & 2GB RAM, or $299 for 64GB storage & 4GB RAM. The G5 Plus doesn't quite compete with actual premium smartphones, but I can't honestly say that it matters to me. Truth be told, it means squat to me to have the latest premium smartphone. Besides, the G5 Plus smokes my old Moto X (2014, 2nd gen) in terms of specs and performance. At the current prices, I can buy 3 Moto G5 Plus smartphones for the price of single Google Pixel.

The only setback (if you can call it that) to the G5 Plus is that it still uses micro-USB vs. USB-C. But at the end of the day, so what? I can't think of any legitimate reason that I should care about that over the next 2 to 3 years. If anything, I won't need to go replacing my current chargers and cables. Anyway, no decisions right now one way or the other. It's simply on my radar of considerations.

Note: Only the G5 Plus will be marketed in the US; not the G5.

More here: Moto G5 and G5 Plus hands on...

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

That looks like it's worth the investment. Although I like my Z Play, the G5 Plus probably could satisfy all my needs for substantially less cost.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit