Date: 28 March 24, 03:24 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Yahoo Mail problem-Account Temporarily Locked

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

My Yahoo Mail for several days now has been flipping back and forth from usable to unusable. By unusable I mean I get the following pop-up :

"Your account has been temporarily locked to keep your information safe. Please try again in a few minutes. Or "contact" us to restore access to your account.   Error 19 "

and at the same time my Email becomes frozen.

I clicked on the link called "contact us", but that only leads to FAQs, etc.

Has anyone had this happen to them ?  Any ideas anyone ?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Hossier, I believe we have dealt with this problem before. IIRC, our solution was a switch to Gmail.  Yahoo has been a problem for quite some time.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I agree with Bill. No email provider is 100% problem free, but Yahoo is consistently problematic. Gmail is a much better alternative. BTW: I recommend you stay away from any Microsoft offering, such as Live/Outlook.

If you have a few coins to spare, consider an account with www.fastmail.com. I've been using Fastmail as my primary email provider for the last dozen years or so. Since I have an Android smartphone I have the mandatory Gmail account, which I also use on occasion. If I didn't have Fastmail, I would happily use Gmail as my primary account.