Date: 29 March 24, 00:48 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Helping out

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

So I'm up here in the U.P. helping out my daughter for a few days with some projects. We hit a lull at work waiting for the other trades to get in and do their thing.

Been removing wallpaper and patching some walls getting ready to paint the kitchen and dining room. Taking wallpaper off and removing the glue is not my favorite thing, but what the heck. It's nice to be able to help out.

Still pretty cold and snowy up this far and the lake still has a lot of ice on it. Not enough to walk on down to the L.P. but almost.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Just like Ace, I am not the brightest bulb in the laundry basket.

What the h*ck is "U.P."? Upper Pantry?

It's good to know that you're helping out your kiddo. I seem to find more motivation helping my kids than myself.

Scuzzy; and what the h*ck is "L.P."? Lower Pantyhose?

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Yep, Johnny nailed it. Lower Peninsula and Upper. Of course up here they call themselves Youppers. And if you come from the Lower Peninsula you're known as a troll. Has do do with an old fairy tail, I forget which one, something about a troll living under a bridge.

I should partake of some of the local delights, Pasties, smoked fish and jerky. Maybe not the smoked fish, I like it but it does not like me, I get heartburn just looking at it.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

If it was someone with a tail who looks like a fairy living under a bridge, they were probably talking about Ace.

Scuzzy; this is how rumors get started.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

We used to have a troll road in Indiana, before the governor sold it (oops... "leased it") to the Spanish Australian consortium.  I suppose there are trolls living under the bridges of it.

Ace; heh, Pat and Johnny said "peninsula."  I'm surprised the auto-censor software didn't take that out.