Date: 29 March 24, 00:00 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Do not call list

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

Does this thing still exist? I booked a trip to Paris last October on trip advisor. They asked for my phone number in case they needed to confirm or ask questions. I stupidly gave them my cell number. Now I get calls just about every day telling me I qualify for a vacation package or some such crap. I tell them to quit calling me and they just laugh and call again. I have resorted to stronger language but the calls keep coming. Is there a way to stop the calls? I went to their website and there is no way I can see to tell these creeps to quit calling me.

I will never use trip advisor again.

Thanks for any input,

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

JA, be aware that the Do Not Call listing takes about a month to start working.  After I registered my cell number I started getting Telemarketing calls every day, then they abruptly stopped and I haven't had any since.  However I still get marketing calls from VZ on the order to 2-3 per month.  Which I finally stopped by pestering Vz directly.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

That's what I was saying.  Somehow I think registering the number activated an alert or at least brought the number to their attention.  If the Do Not Call Registry did nothing how would anyone know the number is on the list>
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

It's been over a year, I think.

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

Thanks for the input. I've got the iphone 6. It seems to me that when I get a call there is an option on the screen to block the caller(?)

I'll be checking that next time but I won't know if it is from the jerks. I would have to write that phone number down for future reference and every time I get a call I would have to pull out the list. I wonder if there is a way to block it after answering.