Author Topic: Olight M3X Wins  (Read 3314 times)

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
  • In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.
Olight M3X Wins
« on: Dec 21, 2010, 04:33 AM »
I finally made a decision. I will keep my Fenix TK11 as my primary flashlight for now, and will back it up with the powerful M3X Triton ($151.95 after a 5% discount). I placed the order a little while ago and took advantage of reduced holiday shipping rates. It should be here by this Friday.

I will look to upgrade my Fenix by replacing the current LED emitter with a Cree R5, which will greatly increase the brightness. That should keep me going for another year or two.

The M3X, with 700 lumen OTF (out the front) will be great for doing searches, as well as for blinding owls.  :o

Offline Bill

• Universal Moderator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
Re: Olight M3X Wins
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2010, 07:25 AM »
Do you plan to use it with the extension tube?  Might make it more lethal if necessary.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2010, 01:39 PM »
Looks like I'll have to wait, as my order is delayed until Jan 7th. This flashlight is a new release and BatteryJunction did not get their shipment as expected. It's a little disappointing, but it's not a big deal.

Yes, I'll use the extension tube. The more the better. I should be able to light up Mark's backyard by bouncing the beam off of a satellite.

Scuzzy; can you see me now?

Offline Bill

• Universal Moderator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Maybe you can do something about the eclipse?
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2010, 02:37 PM »
Excellent idea, Bill. I'll fix it as soon as I get the flashlight.  ;D

Offline perfectful

• Jr. Poaster
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2010, 12:08 AM »
LINK REMOVED BY SCUZZY

EDIT: It seems "perfectful" is a phony who is peddling for lightake.com. Of course, he forgot to mention that lightake.com has a poor reputation. ::)
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010, 04:30 PM by scuzzy »

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2010, 01:41 AM »
I'm concerned about some of LighTake's reviews at ResellerRatings.com. Some of their "good" reviews looked rigged. Almost all of the "good" reviews were people ordering Rubik's Cubes. Really? Hmmm. Something smells wrong. I am also concerned that LighTake does not participate at ResellerRatings. In law enforcement, we call that a clue.

BatteryJunction fares MUCH better. Sometimes it's best to spend a few extra dollars, although in this case BatteryJunction was cheaper. They gave me a 5% discount and free shipping on the flashlight. BatteryJunction also contacted me directly by phone to give me options for my order. The rep was very professional, and was quick to call me back when I had questions.

I'll stick with BatteryJunction.

Offline Mark H

• "H" is for handy
  • xTreme Poaster
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:46 PM »
.......I should be able to light up Mark's backyard by bouncing the beam off of a satellite.

Scuzzy; can you see me now?

Just make sure the coyotes don't see it or they might start howling at what they think is a moon.  :o

Mark H; God created the big ball of light and man creates the little light.
Enjoy the nature that is around you rather than destroying it.