Author Topic: Welcome to our forum!  (Read 3383 times)

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
  • In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls me.
Welcome to our forum!
« on: Nov 14, 2010, 05:02 PM »
After a lot of work, we finally have something up and running. We will continue to make adjustments, but we did not want to keep you folks waiting longer than necessary.

We encourage you to sign up as soon as possible. Previous members, you WILL NEED to create a new account. Pat and I will adjust your accounts and "number of poasts" as needed. We will take your poast count from the old forum, add 10% to make up for data loss, and we'll adjust your "date joined".

As for the old forum, we will save it in read-only mode and share the link somewhere in this forum.

We remain open to suggestions to improve what is YOUR forum. We will do our best to implement good ideas, and we will be much more diligent to protect our forum. Thanks for bearing with us!

For now, I need a bit of a break.

If you have any problems logging in, please notify us at admin@poasters.com (you may need to white list this address in your email account).

Lastly, this remains a work in progress. If something is not working right, PLEASE let us know.

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
Re: Welcome to our forum!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Thanks, JA!

You must be referring to www.speedtest.net and www.pingtest.net.

Maybe we can setup some shortcuts to popular links on our home page.

Hmmm.

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2010, 12:01 AM »
Geez. I suppose that would be nice. But not option without a highly paid programmer.

Or we could hire Ace to run back and forth for us. He likes to be paid in cookies.

Offline Bill

• Universal Moderator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:19 AM »
I'd like to second JA's thanks for your efforts and the results.  Off to a great start; and thanks for the tweaks and adjustments.

Bill
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Happy to see you here, Bill.

We still have some more tweaking to do, but we ran out of weekend. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement. We will work hard at making this a nice place.

Offline scuzzy

• Forum Cop
  • Administrator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2010, 07:23 AM »
BTW: JA earned himself a special category of "Handyman" along with a special set of stars.

Offline Bill

• Universal Moderator
  • xTreme Super Poaster
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Which ever name you prefer!  As long as your picture remains an avatar, we'll know.

B-
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit