Forum > Hardware/Software/Websites & Reviews

ASUS QoS Setting

(1/3) > >>

scuzzy:
Bill,

I recall somewhere you mentioning that adjusting QoS on your router helped with your Netflix usage. Have you had any more issues?

Bill:
No, not with Netflix. The QoS settings seem to have solved that problem.
My newest issue, I think, is the result of a SONY TV software update. Frequently now when I turn on the TV it's as if it has been rebooted and goes through the startup process, after that all seems fine.

scuzzy:
Well, that sucks. Have you researched for issues with that update? Hopefully another fix is on its way soon.

Bill:
No I haven't started to tackle this issue yet.  Trying to get anything from SONY is a useless effort. But maybe google........

Bill:
Google suggests, for an earlier version TV, that this is a weak power supply in the TV, or a weak power feed.  I have the TV plugged into a multi outlet surge suppressor.  I changed the outlet for the TV yesterday.  I think it highly unlikely that the power cord itself is the problem.  I have not had the reboot symptom since. 
I will continue to monitor this....

Also last night the wi-fi issue came back but there were local reports of internet access issues so I rebooted the router, just ot be sure, and all was well.  Internet this morning is fine so we'll see tonight how this plays out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version