Rain-X Windshield Wipers

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Reference this poast on the old forum: Rain-X Latitude Windshield Wipers

It has now been well over a year since I installed these wipers. To date they continue to perform quite well. They are not as streak-free as when they were new, but they continue to do the job well enough that it would be wasteful to replace them now. The occasional streak on the passenger side is very minor and often goes away after a few sweeps.

A couple weeks ago I gave the blades a good scrubbing. The rubber still looks good with no noticeable signs of cracks or excessive wear and tear.

Scuzzy; I like it when something works better than expected.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Since I last poasted in this thread, my driver's side wiper blade (24") deteriorated fairly quickly. We had some less than ideal weather recently and the blade was performing poorly. The passenger side blade (18") is still performing like new; at least for now.

I went to a local Wal-Mart last night and picked up a new pair of Rain-X Latitude blades, but I only installed the driver's side. I figure the passenger side might also fail soon, so it's best to be prepared.

With the new driver's side blade installed, the performance of the blades is back to excellent. Hopefully for another 1 year plus.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

I got a couple of those for the Ranger and they work fine. Doesn't seem to matter what the weather is they just get the job done.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit