Date: 27 April 24, 23:17 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Need Help re Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2007

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Several times I have downloaded "Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2007", and each time I get a message that the download was successful, but the installed program is identified as "Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003." What gives with that?

Also, I have downloaded the required additional program named "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats"

But when I try to open a .doc file I get this popup:

"Install-on-Demand Component

An install-on-demand component is required for this operation.

The component, when unpacked, will use an additional 0.003GB and take around 20s to run.

In future, if you want to manage or remove components you can use the Add Remove Programs item from the control panel."

It seems to me that Microsoft is seldom user-friendly.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I don't have any ideas to fix the specific problem you're having, but I also suggest giving Kingsoft Office 2012 a try. I tried their freeware and I was very impressed with how well it handled heavily MS formatted files. No other software has come close. Click here for a previous poast of Kingsoft Office.

If your need is strictly for Word files, then just install Kingsoft Writer Free 2012.

One thing I appreciate with Kingsoft is the tabbed interface.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I installed Kingsoft Writer Free 2012 and it opened the doc. file I couldn't open in Microsoft Office Word.

Thanks to all who replied.

Activity in Poasters seems down from a year ago, but it's always been my first source for computer problem solving.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.