Date: 29 March 24, 00:11 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Canon TR4520 Printer Will Not Print

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

After nine months of successful use, my new printer will not advance beyond the page that allows selection of printer to be used.

I've not changed or added any programs. My browser is Chrome 91, using Windows Version 1909, and connected wirelessly.

Any ideas on what might cause this ?

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

FYI, since Bill's passing I've lost my motivation to continue hosting Poasters. I will allow the host contract to expire and then shut this down altogether. However, I will answer your question in the hopes of helping you out.

I suspect the problem is a corrupt driver. Give the following a try:

1. Fully uninstall the current printer setup
2. Physically unplug the printer AC cord for at least a full minute, and then plug it back in
3. Reboot the computer
4. Reinstall the printer software per manufacturer's instructions

This should get you back up and running.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I've been off-line for several days and just now seen your post. I do remember getting many worthwhile replies from Bill and I'm very sorry to hear of his passing on to ?

Thanks for your many replies over the years. To say that I will greatly miss this forum is too mild a sentiment

P.S. Tried your suggestion re printer. Everything seemed to proceed okay including wireless reconnection to my computer. However printer will still scan but will not print. I have a computer-savvy family member coming by this weekend to see if he can help.

Please let me know if you become actively involved with any forum in the future

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Bill passed, as on to the afterlife. He died alone at his home on May 24th, about the time that I was calling him via phone. I learned the next morning why he didn't answer.

I'm sorry to hear that my suggestion didn't work, as it certainly should have. The problem might be hardware related. If it's still under warranty, you may want to contact Canon for assistance. I hope it all works out for you.

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

I just had to add this

Several days ago (at night), with printer and computer both OFF, the printer turned itself on and printed two pages from the middle of a grocery order several weeks old.

Printer seems to be working fine again, but I sure don't know why.

Best wishes to you scuzzy