Date: 12 May 24, 20:30 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

TV keyboard?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Do you know about wireless keyboards and smart TVs?? I'd like to try even if I have to buy the Sony wireless combo KYBD and mouse. A quick Google search showed USB Kbs with touch screens for a mouse, which I'm not happy about. I'd rather struggle with a mouse.

If we can figure this out I'd like to try to run YouTube music through my sound system without having to buy the CD/DVD for the Blu Ray player, or put it on a USB drive.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

That's not something I've given close consideration, but my understanding is that many Bluetooth keyboards support TV sets. I'm thinking it would be useful to ensure the keyboard is backlit and has a built-in touch pad.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Thanks I will think about it some.........
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Yes, thanks it is/was.  I have lots to consider, each one having a shortfall or two.  I'm a fan of Logitech but their TV version, the K600, if naming is an indicator, is not the top of Logitech technology.  Sitting on my desk is a Logitech K800 wireless that I like and this is my second or third one.  I remember an earlier one succumbed to hot coffee.

Last evening I experimented with You Tube on the TV. I had to login with my Google account info, but after that the experience was painless.  It actually picked up where I left off listening on the computer to a Clapton concert.  I have to say I was impressed, both with the You Tube technology and with watching and listening via the HD system.  And, like on the computer, it began queuing up others next to watch. 

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

It seems everything is hit and miss. When I saw the Logitech model, I was befuddled that it is not backlit. What the hell? Even the cheap, crappy keyboards are backlit.

I've been watching YouTube on my Roku-enabled TVs for some time. I think it's awesome, and there's plenty of good programming. I recently watched The Life and Death of Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer on YouTube, and it was surprisingly very good.