Date: 26 September 21, 11:46 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Read-Only Mode

This forum is in read-only mode and registration is permanently disabled.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
The Poast Office / Sad News
« Last post by scuzzy on May 25, 2021, 18:45 hrs »
I just learned that our longtime friend here at Poasters, Bill, passed away suddenly at his home last night. Bill and I are the ones who have kept Poasters going over the years, so I don't know what this will mean for the forum. For now, I'll leave things alone and check in periodically.
Hardware/Software/Websites & Reviews / Re: More Windows 10 Crap
« Last post by scuzzy on May 19, 2021, 10:44 hrs »
Windows 10 simply does not give up. After a recent update my preferences were AGAIN changed. I went to play an MP3, just to find that Microsoft Groove opened instead of my preferred music app. Worse, Microsoft Meet Now was once again shoved up my ass and forced onto my Windows taskbar. Add to the irritation that it was set to automatically pop up if my mouse pointer hovered over that area of the taskbar.

I have everything reset once again, but I don't understand the mentality. I sure as hell don't appreciate it, especially when I have three Windows 10 computers that I'm managing.  >:(
Home Improvement / Re: New Garage Woodworking Shop
« Last post by Bill on May 18, 2021, 11:17 hrs »
All steps in the right direction.  Lots of inspectors don't like DIY projects, sounds like you got a good one.
« Last post by scuzzy on May 17, 2021, 10:43 hrs »
Thanks for the compliment, Bill. I do not claim to know what I'm doing, and this was my first attempt. I'll admit that it was challenging and I learned a lot in the process. The inspector was pleased with the new panel, and with the attic wire runs. The final inspection will hopefully be within the next couple weeks or so.
« Last post by Bill on May 17, 2021, 10:34 hrs »
Nicely done. you generally can tell when such a box has been done by a pro. The wires are all the same length and the bends all look alike. Yours looks fine.
I hope MS fixes this before some "cut off" date. I appreciate and will follow your advise. It's so infuriating that MS didn't provide a "you can't do this yet" warning. I will try to send them a feedback message re this. Thanks again
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been doomed in Windows upgrade-hell more than once, so I know the feeling. Unfortunately, until Microsoft actually thinks this is important enough to fix, you may be stuck.

The only workaround I can think of is to do a whole new Windows installation, or at minimum an iso upgrade. However, I don't know if the upgrade is worth that much effort. I have 20H2 installed, but have noticed zero difference from v1909. I would think you're better off just waiting for MS to get off of their duffel bag and resolve this.
Using Windows 10 Update Assistant I get a message that my computer is compatible with update to Version 20H2. Then the "Get Ready" stage proceeds to 100% complete. Then computer is restarted but nothing happens.

Using Windows Media Creation Tool I get the exact same result.

I tried going to Microsoft Store and downloading from there but could not find appropriate program.

This update to link you mentioned :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-update-windows-version-1909-to-20h2-when/9475fc38-3bc7-47b8-8e40-4fe9e3aa62c1?page=2

seems to indicate that many problems updating to 20H2 are still there as of April 2020. I wonder if Microsoft will eventually issue a simple correction for this problem?
« Last post by scuzzy on April 26, 2021, 17:13 hrs »
I finally got the new sub-panel installed and complete. I considered leaving trash and other garbage inside the new panel just like my old builder did. That way it would look like a "professional" did it, just to help it pass inspection.

The main panel is 200 amps, and the circuit breaker feeding the new panel is 100 amps. The feeder cable is 2 gauge aluminum.

Electronics / Re: Samsung Galaxy S21
« Last post by scuzzy on April 15, 2021, 20:34 hrs »
I went to my local T-Mo store and contacted the manager, who was attentive to the problem. He looked at my account, and verified the information. He further verified that my Pixel 4a was in fact eligible as a trade-in for the S21 free upgrade promotion.

The manager further confirmed that this error put me $153 in the hole, through no fault of my own. He credited $100 to my T-Mobile account today, and will credit the remaining $53 a month from now. Apparently he is unable to credit an account by more than $100 in a given 30-day period. The manager also further confirmed that my promotion credits for the remaining balance are valid and that my account is properly being credited.

As far as I'm concerned, this resolves the issue... assuming all goes as planned. I'll report back if anything changes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10