Forgot your password?

Ironclad

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I was poking through Netflix last night looking for something to watch in the late hours. Thanks to my work schedule I need to keep myself up to 3:00 am on a regular basis. Anyway, I came across Ironclad, staring James Purefoy.

The movie chronicles King John's siege of Rochester Castle in 1215, and the fight by a small band of mercenaries to defend it. Lots of blood and guts, but very well done.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I presume that's right after they attacked Mr. Benny's castle.

When I saw the headline I thought it was about the Monitor and Merrimac (C.S. Virginia) Civil War Ironclads.  It sounds like it'd be an interesting video game.  I don't think I've ever stormed a castle as such.   

Ace; it sounds daunting.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I had no idea what you were talking about until I realized you were responding to my poast. You reminded me that I never finished my thought, as I got busy and quickly poasted the poast, before it was ready for poasting. At Poasters.

I don't remember King John from my youth, as Queen Elizabeth was in charge when I was a kiddo. I think she still rules the roost. I am not aware of her storming any castles, though. I'm thinking she might get her white gloves dirty, if she did. Maybe she stomps through them when she doesn't get her way. I could see that.

Regardless, I recommend the movie. It was very enjoyable; siege towers, catapults, beheadings and behandings, and all. I'd be willing to do the video game as soon as it comes out. I'll play the part of the Knight Templar, who rides off in the end with a beautiful girl. On a horse. I think Clint Eastwood did that at the end of High Plains Drifter, but without the beautiful girl. Just the horse.

You got me thinking that it might be enjoyable storming my next hold up with a trebuchet, or some other type of siege engine. I suppose I could tow it behind my patrol car.

Scuzzy; who needs SWAT?

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

I had no idea what you were talking about until I realized you were responding to my response to your poast.
If John was around when you were a kid in 1215, then I must have been a teenager.  Much of my past has become dark ages.
I would have liked to be a Knight Tempura, if that means you get shrimp.

I do think the English have a novel idea with giving welfare to the rich, along family lines.  Maybe we could select certain people to win lotteries over here, as our model.

Ace; stupid novel idea.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I think of you more as a Ford Tempo.

That would make for an interesting medieval movie dialog:

"That's an interesting crest on your shield. Who are you?"

"I am Dodge Neon, son of Dodge Ram, the transportation minister."

Scuzzy; this is my brother, Dodge Bullet.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

And from the Kingdom of Dodge, the Challenger on his Charger.

I did own a Tempo; it was black, with a beige interior.  And did not have air, which I regretted dearly driving to Norfolk for a wedding in the summer. 

Ace; I can't wait until they clone a Chrysler 300 with a Fiat.  That won't be pretty.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

Plus holding my breath.  It was not a fun trip, until we got there.  Then we got to sit out in the hot sun and drink beer at the reception.  Then passed out in the hotel room.  Then ordered soft shell crab, at the hotel restaurant.  What a miserable meal; soft pudding with bits of shell in it. Then went to Wendy's for burgers.

We could have made a road trip movie of it.  If there had been a tiger, and a monkey, and a face tattoo we could be rich now.

Ace; then the sequel.