Date: 29 March 24, 01:52 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

iTunes and ringtones??

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I have been trying to use Zedge to install a scottish bagpipes ringtone on the Apple 12.  Zedge somewhere suggested I first need to upload the ringtone to my computer and iTunes to be able to load the phone???

I think you mentioned this process and being unhappy about it, but I think you did it.
I have installed iTunes and am about to try and find the ringtone in question but I am lost with using iTunes from here.
Suggestions or guidance please??

Edit: I found the ringtone and downloaded it, it shows as an MP3 file?  But not within iTunes, its in a download folder.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

There was a difficult process involved in installing custom ringtones that I created. I first had to install iTunes on my computer, and then had to use the Garage Band app on my phone, which required a complicated step-by-step process... for each individual ringtone. The process was limiting, stressful and upsetting.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the process. Each time I had to read and follow the instructions that I found through Google, and I have no clue where I found those instructions. No doubt there are other helpful sites available.

I never used Zedge, but I'm thinking since it's a ringtone app you might get away with not having to use Garage Band. But don't quote me on that, as I have no experience. I think my daughter uses Zedge on her iPhone, but she's currently at work. I'll ask when she gets home tonight.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

UPDATE AGAIN: In reading through the instructions, the author uses the iPhone's playlist to get a song for the ringtone. That explains why iTunes is not required. However, iTunes is required to move any song from a Windows computer to an iPhone, which puts you right back at Square One. The only workaround to iTunes that I am aware of is to use a Mac computer.

I absolutely hated having iTunes on my Windows computer, and I immediately deleted that miserable beast upon transferring my iPhone to my daughter.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Update yet again...

My daughter purchases her ringtones directly from Apple, as Zedge does not work on iPhone. This means that your only options are to purchase a ringtone from Apple, or go through the iTunes / Garage Band headache.

Sorry I don't have better news.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

I quit. Too much effort for what it would have been.  This part of Apple I don't like.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop