Date: 13 May 24, 13:39 PM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Lost network password W98

stebinus

Jr. Poaster
Posts 9
Report to moderator

I have this old W98 dino that I was trying to hook up to my home network and danged if way back I didn't put network password protection on it which I can't for the life of me remember. I can get into the computer if I run it alone but my other computers on my network get the little password box when they try to get into it. V.frustrating. How can I find that password or disable it or set a new one?

stebinus

Jr. Poaster
Posts 9
Report to moderator

Could you explain specifically how to do that as I just tried it without success and keep getting the password prompt so I guess I'm doing something wrong.

stebinus

Jr. Poaster
Posts 9
Report to moderator

I tried that first one earlier today. It didn't find the network password and set off a virus alarm on my other computer. Don't think this is worth the $10 for the other one but I really do appreciate your efforts.  BTW the help files require you to have your old password to set a new one.
Anybody else???

stebinus

Jr. Poaster
Posts 9
Report to moderator

The one that set off the virus alarm was free and the old computer I actually used it on is still running so hopefully it was a false alarm on the other. I always scan downloads except for this one wouldntcha know. Anyway not going to fret about it. Can't reinstall as I dont have the disc . Thanks for your help tho :)

stebinus

Jr. Poaster
Posts 9
Report to moderator

Wow you can do that?? Totally awesome of you. I think maybe I have a boot disc somewhere. Now you'll have to direct me to the drop box as I don't see it. Thanks ever so much!