Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

Waterfox

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Waterfox

Have been trying out this full 64 bit variant of friefox now for a few days and it does seem somewhat quicker. Check the home page/download page for needed files and plug-ins. Like it says you need to install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) for the program to work and then the 64 bit plug-ins for sites that require them.

Other than the needed 64 bit plug-ins everything else was picked up during install, all bookmarks with favicons all other extensions and all settings. I'm thinking both firefox and waterfox share the same user settings. I also notice if waterfox is running and you click the firefox icon just another instance of waterfox opens. Same if firefox is running and you click on waterfox, just get another firefox. Don't seem to be able to open both at the same time.

Next up: airfox and earthfox.
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.