Date: 28 March 24, 04:00 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

"Restore pages" pop-up. What's this about ?

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Always something new and frustrating on the Internet or computer.

I keep getting an on-screen pop-up saying "Restore pages? Chrome didn't shut down correctly", along with two rectangles labeled "Restore" and "Open startup pages"

What causes the pop-up? How can I get rid of it?

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Hi hoosier, I would uninstall Chrome, restart your computer and download a fresh copy of Chrome.

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Bill, I've reinstalled Google Chrome. Too soon to judge whether this has worked.

Scuzzy, this is not April Fool's Day!  That web site you gave me outlined a supposed solution which, after over 60 steps, made me sure I was not going down that path. Did you actually take a look at it ?

I'll report again later

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I watched most of it before I linked it here, and all of it after your concerns. While it seems like there are a lot of steps, the solution in the video seems viable to me. Either way, hopefully Bill's proposed solution worked out for you.

Happy computing!

hoosier

Poaster
Posts 470
Report to moderator

Reinstalling Google Chrome didn't work

I had high hopes for this as a solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPJy1vWjU0Q

but it also didn't work

Scuzzy, I have so many web sites with automatic text entries and such that I just won't risk messing with multiple steps to cure a minor annoyance

Thanks for replies

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10157
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I certainly understand. Some problems require more work and diligence to resolve, as they are sometimes far from easy fixes. You gotta pick your battles.

Good luck.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Before you decide to live with it, try FireFox.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit