Forgot your password?

More Windows 10 Crap

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

I spoke too soon about W10 behaving well. After a recent update, W10 changed some of my preset preferences back to Windows programs. This has happened before and I seriously don't appreciate it. I have not dug deep enough to see what other preferences may have been changed, but I'm sure I'll find out.

I also have a new program on my system tray that was shoved down my throat, called "Meet Now". I now have to figure out how to get rid of it, or at a minimum stop that piece of crap from showing up.

I just found instructions on how to remove Meet Now: What is Meet Now in Windows 10? How do you remove it? Unfortunately in my case I'll have to do a registry hack.  >:(

EDIT: That was an unnecessary PITA, but at least I managed to hide the offending program by using the registry hack.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

Windows 10 simply does not give up. After a recent update my preferences were AGAIN changed. I went to play an MP3, just to find that Microsoft Groove opened instead of my preferred music app. Worse, Microsoft Meet Now was once again shoved up my ass and forced onto my Windows taskbar. Add to the irritation that it was set to automatically pop up if my mouse pointer hovered over that area of the taskbar.

I have everything reset once again, but I don't understand the mentality. I sure as hell don't appreciate it, especially when I have three Windows 10 computers that I'm managing.  >:(