Forgot your password?

Grrrrr

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.

My Internet at home has been horrible for the last 3 days. On occassion I'll get a decent connection for awhile, but then it starts slowing and eventually disconnects for up to hours at a time. My ping times are around 700 - 800 ms, and Netflix is completely out of the question.

I called tech support and they are working on the problem, which has affected our entire town. They believe that one of the subscribers is spamming the network and they are still trying to find out who it is by disconnecting groups of houses at once. So far, they have not resolved it.

Scuzzy; can you hear my post now?

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Today is better, in some ways. My previous highest speed was just over 5MB down, and I achieved that only once. Last night after work I hit 6.2 down twice. Today my download speeds have been averaging between 1.8 and 4.8.

But my upload speeds are horrible, averaging 0.1. They should be closer to 2.0. And my ping connections are varying between 45ms and well over 100ms, depending on the server I hit.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Scuzzy; I would ping Ace but I can't find him on the map.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Hey is " Ping an Ace" anything like "Whack a Mole" ?

Or "Whack a Squirrel with an Ace"
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

To Chicago:

To Denver:

PAMS: Ping Aces Mole with a Squirrel   
SeaSonic M12II 620W, ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870, AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz, Crucial 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333, SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850, Kingston HyperX 120G 120GB Solid State Boot Drive, WD Caviar 1 TB Storage Drive, LG DVD-RW, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw 21" LCD, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

Unfortunately, where I live I am getting the best possible broadband connection available. I am paying for 5 down and 2 up, but of course my actual speeds are normally lower.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

There didn't use to be much around here either. Now we can get DSL from ATT or cable from Comcast. There was also the wireless from some company that but something up on the water tower, but I'm not sure they are still around.

I think Comcast only says we are to get 6 mb down but it's always better than that, I like it.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I live in a rural area that will likely never see cable. DSL is an option from the local phone company (I think it's called CenturyLink now), but anyone on it constantly complains of its worthlessness and poor customer service.

Stellera (similar to Ace's Open Range) is also an option, but the data caps are not ideal for heavy users of Netflix streaming. Besides, the speeds are no better than what I currently have with Skybeam.

Although my speeds are not stellar, Skybeam has been reliable over the last couple years. The current problem is the first time it's happened, but they are working hard at getting it resolved. Their customer service has always been friendly and responsive.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

This is what I get to Christchurch, New Zealand.

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

I went to Prague in 1994. It struck me odd that the entire city was a grey color. I attributed it at the time to the effects of communism.

They had some coffee that knocked my socks off.

Scuzzy; I never did find them.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

• The Ghost who walks. Slowly.

I'm assuming Prague rhymes with "plague."  If they're using your socks to make coffee then I'd pass.  I like coffee flavoured coffee, and will only go for a simple latte (and non of that frappucino caramel mocha cocoa crappacino whipped venti espresso love stuff) if I'm feeling adventurous.  I actually do like espresso, although it's pretty much identical to filling a used ashtray with water and drinking it.

Hey, I've got transitions lenses... geez Louise, they're fine.  They just turn to decent sunglasses in bright light, and go back to normal inside or where it's darker.  I couldn't live without them...  Heck, as a kid I had clip ons, and that's a look I don't miss.  Plus color vision with them stays normal, unlike green or other tints.

I think the Longest Day was the last major motion picture I remember that was in black and white... Oh; and Young Frankenstein was in BW wasn't it?

Ace; I wonder what Martha's growing in her vineyard that's so dang colorful...

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

I've had transitions lenses and I still keep an older pair in the truck to use as sunglasses, but I find they loose their ability to get all the way back to clear after a while. So now I just go with the clear.

And no Bifocals.

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

Heck, I lose my ability to get back to clear sometimes.  Especially with Canadian Mist.  I haven't had any glasses get "stuck" in a tint since I've gone to these.  I do hate when I put on a pari that aren't, and find myself in the sun.

And no bifocals for me, either. 

Ace; tri....

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

Hey isn't that what you get with Scientology? Clear.

I'd prefer to squint. 

Ace

Mighty Jester
Posts 7612
Report to moderator

I usually get bothered, with Scientology.  What the heck is "pari"?  Some place in France?

The advantage with trifocals is no matter what you're looking at you can usually find a way to see it, at least if you bob your head the right way.

Ace; Buddy used to look at things that way.

pat

xTreme Super Poaster
Posts 6083
Report to moderator

What a Bull fighter says to the bull as he ducks out of the way?

A name for your favorite knife?

An old time TV lawyer?

Some really hard obscure math equations?

Or, I guess just some place in France. But, did you know french fries really originated in Belgium?

Go figure.