Date: 28 April 24, 03:20 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

chicken salad

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

Do you remember the dinner scene from 5 easy pieces?  (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wtfNE4z6a8)

We have a little restaurant in town that has lots of specials in addition to a decent menu. Food and service are not world class but decent. Owned and run by down home folks.  I went for a late lunch and a Chicken Salad Sandwich is on the blackboard.  So the waitress greets me in half English and half Russian maybe.
I tell her I want Chicken Salad, but not on Texas Toast.  I'd like to have the chicken salad on a bed of lettuce and tomato with a single slice of rye toast.  The Russian says "you can have it any way you want," (as long as it's on Texas Toast with lettuce, tomato and mayo.)  Two visits from the waitress and her supervisor and 45 minutes later,  my chicken salad arrives, no rye toast, no pickles, and no fries which normally come with all their sandwiches and on a plate that is way too small. I almost laughed out loud.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

scuzzy

Administrator
Posts 10158
Report to moderator

• Forum Cop

• In an emergency, 9-1-1 calls ME.