Date: 28 March 24, 03:55 AM
Do you already have an account?

Forgot your password?

bathroom vanity drawer destroyed by water

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

I really screwed up. I put a t-shirt in bathroom sink, put the stopper on and turned on the water. I got a call and was distracted. Came back 30 min later and found the overflow drain doesn't work. It must be plugged up somehow but don't know how. The vanity has 2 sinks and is about 5 feet long with several drawers. 2 of the drawers were full of water and the bathroom floor was flooded! One of the drawers, made not with solid wood but that filler material, has partially disintegrated. It will be difficult to glue it back and still fit the rollers that go in and out, esp because the boards are somewhat warped from water damage. Can't replace the entire vanity for one drawer. Where would one be able to replace just the drawer or do I have to hire an expensive cabinet maker to build a new one. I feel really disgusted with myself over this.

Bill

Universal Moderator
Posts 6830
Report to moderator

See if you can ID the manufacturer of the vanity.  Might get a replacement that way.  Some lumber yard do mill work too and certainly less expensive than hiring a cabinet maker.
Fractal Design R5 | Asus  Z170 Pro | Intel i5 6600k | 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws  DDR4 2133 | Seasonic 650w PSU | eVGA GTX 550 TI | Samsung 960 M2 500 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | ASUS Burner | Windows 7 64-bit

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

Hey, both of you have great ideas! If I can't find the mfg for a replacement I'll search cl. They always have people doing this. I would try to repair it myself if I had time and a good table saw. I've got just about everything but that and I'm getting that too but not at the moment.

ja I've been through the coffee thing too, more than once, winding up with coffee all over the counter and floor. This was far worse. BR is on the 2nd floor and there was water dripping from the ceiling on the 1st floor. Yesterday, I ran the carpet cleaner over the bathroom carpet and got most of the stain out. I just hope there is no permanent floor damage. The ceiling on the 1st floor has bubbles all over it so that will have to be repaired. Costly stupid mistake.

chopin1397

Poaster
Posts 312
Report to moderator

Thanks ja. The bubbles were water because the floor was soaked too. It's dried now but the bubbles are still there, but empty. The front panel is ok so I'll check with HD and Lowes to see about a replacement.