Forum > Home Improvement

New Garage Woodworking Shop

(1/8) > >>

scuzzy:
I have been planning a woodworking shop inside my 3-car garage for the longest time, and with my son's help I finally put the plans into action. The end result will be an insulated, climate controlled (AC and heating) shop, with additional electrical connectors. I already added five new 20-amp GFCI outlets to the existing walls, and the new walls will get at least five more.

We will install compressed air inlets, using 480-PSI PVC 3/4" tubing, which will be fed by my air compressor that's located near the garage entry doors. Additional lighting and exhaust fans will also be installed. I ordered a new 125-amp sub panel, which I will install right next to the main panel. The main panel is located on one of the garage walls, so running wire to the new shop will be a cinch. A couple of 220-volt lines will be added for good measure. One will be for the ceiling-mounted heater, and the other will be a 220v outlet.

The work will continue tomorrow once the weather warms up a bit. Note that the backdoor seen in the photo is to replace the current backdoor to our home, which is in need of replacement. The shop will get a solid pine door and an extra window along the new wall (next to be built). The finished shop dimensions will be 10.25-ft x 15.4-ft.

Last September 2020:

A few days ago:

Current state of affairs:

Bill:
Looking good so far.

Edit: I couldn't help but notice on second viewing, you seem to own a lot of bikes!

scuzzy:
Moving right along:

Bill:
How are you anchoring the base plate?

scuzzy:
The base plates are nailed directly into the concrete slabs with 6" spikes, and the walls above float.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version